Enforcing Litigant’s Rights

Roxbury, NJ Divorce attorneys helping clients enforce litigant's rights in family law cases in Randolph, Chester and Flanders

Litigant’s Rights Enforcement Attorney Northern, NJ

If your former spouse is not complying with court orders you may ask the court to enforce the original judgment.  This is accomplished by a post-judgment motion to enforce litigant’s rights.  At The Darling Law Firm, we will help ensure you are getting what has been ordered for you.  We know divorce is expensive and no one wants to go back to court again so we always try to have the legal fees paid by the other party when you are forced to seek their compliance.

Enforcement Proceedings

Enforcement is sought by Motion, either before or after a final Judgment of Divorce has been granted.  Enforcement actions may be brought to enforce a Pendente Lite Order, a Child Support Order or the terms of the Final Judgment of Divorce.  In this manner, enforcement motions are similar to the pre-trial motions sought by parties to a divorce.  To enforce compliance the court may utilize monetary sanctions, loss of driving privileges and even incarceration in the more egregious cases of non-compliance.

Defending Against a Motion to Enforce Litigant’s Rights

If a motion to enforce litigant’s rights has been filed against you and you truly cannot make the court ordered payments, we will advise you whether you will succeed in obtaining a modification of your payments.  Payments are modified only upon proof of a true change of circumstances.  If you meet the criteria, we can help you have your obligations modified to a manageable level.  In family law matters, it is rare for a one-time legal action to settle everything forever. As families’ needs and circumstances change, their abilities to meet previously established obligations change as well — especially when there are children and finances involved.

Motion Hearings

Often there is little room for negotiation when enforcement motions are required therefore they most often end up being decided by the Judge who is now handling or did handle your divorce.  We work with our clients to ensure that motions are well prepared and all available and pertinent proofs are included.  We guide you through the process and explain exactly what you will need to present to the Judge in order to receive the relief you seek.

Enforcement Motions Throughout Northern NJ

In order to serve clients throughout Northern New Jersey we have offices in Morris County and Bergen County, New Jersey.  We serve clients in Morris, Sussex, Warren,  Bergen, Passaic Union, Hudson and Essex Counties.  The Darling Law Firm is your Northern, NJ enforcement of litigant’s rights law firm.


If you feel your rights are being violated by a spouse or former spouse call 973-584-6200 today to schedule an initial consultation or click here to e-mail us.  If you are unable to visit our offices, for your convenience we are willing to schedule telephone conferences with payment by credit card or Paypal at or before the time of service.


Forms of payment accepted:  Cash, check, traveler’s check, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, money order and Paypal.