Your Morris County Entity Formation Law Firm
You may know your product or service better than anyone but the formation of an entity is more than just a trip to the web to register a name and pay a filing fee. Many steps are needed to ensure your venture, all principals and investors and its assets are fully protected and you receive the most favorable tax treatment given your circumstances. Failure to address issues can result in expensive litigation against your own partners or outsiders as well as have hefty tax consequences.
The Darling Law Firm provides company formation services to established businesses and start-ups that address many issues within your business and closes loopholes that could compromise the future of your venture.
Company Formation Services
The Darling Law Firm provides company formation services that address every issue within your business and close any hidden loopholes that could compromise the security of your business. These services include:
- Company Formation– The Darling Law Firm helps form many entities for our clients annually and we can do the same for you. If you have thought of having your own business you should seek experienced help before taking the next step.
- Entity Alternative Consultation– It is impossible to overstate the “formalities” of business entity selection. If you are unsure of the type of entity you need, or just want to verify your beliefs regarding choice of entity, the Law Offices of Heather J. Darling can assist you through a consultation regarding your business needs, number and type of owners, your product or service, managerial structure, risk tolerance and future plans for the business including your eventual exit strategy.
- Corporate Structure Consultation– The Darling Law Firm will advise you on the proper corporate maintenance and structure of your entity in order to minimize individual and parent company exposure to liability. This will serve to keep you and your parent company safe from liabilities such as employee, financial and legal issues.
Type of Entity
Whether beginning a new venture or restructuring an existing business, owners must evaluate risks and benefits in the areas of taxes, liability and management. Each of the following entity structures offers advantages and disadvantages relating to tax, flexibility, liability, ownership options and other matters of consideration:
- S Corp
- C Corp
- Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Sole Proprietorship
- Joint Venture
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
- Non-Profit 501c(3)
Once you choose an entity type, The Darling Law Firm will prepare all required documents for the filing of the entity including registration with the State, obtaining a tax identification number (EIN), name search and reservation, S corporation election and other services.
Organizational Document Preparation
Businesses are subject to internal strife through illness or death of a principal, divorce of a principal, shareholder or principal disagreements, retirement of a principal, transfer of interests and other issues. When there are two or more principal owners in an entity, owner rights and responsibilities must be spelled out in detail. Corporations have Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws, LLCs have Operating Agreements and Partnerships have Partnership Agreements to define the business relationship. These agreements can address transfer of interests, distribution of profits and accrual of ownership rights
How The Darling Law Firm Will Help You
We take the time to meet with our business clients and obtain a full understanding of your product or service and your future goals. If you have an existing business, we will meet with you at your facility in order to view your operations. Unlike other business attorneys who have represented corporations in various aspects of their business, our own principal, Heather J. Darling, Esq. obtained degree in Finance and International Business from New Your University and has been an entrepreneur for many years. Our business attorneys have a full understanding of all issues involved in starting, running and selling a business from the perspective of a business owner and understand your needs. Since 2004 The Darling Law Firm has provided business services to manufacturers, contractors, physicians, engineers, restaurants, daycare facilities, non-profits and other businesses. Our experience enables us to anticipate in advance and protect you from the pitfalls you may face in the operation and growth of your business.
Business Entity Formation Throughout Northern NJ
In order to serve our clients throughout Northern New Jersey we have offices in Morris and Bergen Counties. We serve businesses in Morris, Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Passaic, Union, Sussex and Warren Counties. The Darling Law Firm is your Northern NJ entity formation law firm.
To ensure the proper entity selection and formation for your needs call 973-584-6200 to schedule a consultation or click here to e-mail us” .